1. in a group class?
Video: Yoga alone, good? Bad? Why?
So, what do you think? Want to give yoga alone a try?
Yoga in a group, the + and the –
Yoga in a group: the +
- It can be really motivating to practice with others.
- You can get inspired by the group, and maybe discover new approaches to yoga.
- You build trust with other students and the teacher, and beautiful connections can emerge from there.
Yoga in a group: the –
- It is easy to start comparing yourself with others.
- Appearance can get into the practice (clothes, aesthetic of the poses…).
- You can start judging yourself, or others.
Yoga alone, the + and the –
Yoga alone: the +
- No possibility to judge or compare yourself with anyone.
- You build a trust towards your body.
- You learn to assess your own needs and what feels important.
Yoga alone: the –
- It might be hard to get started.
- If you don’t have a teacher, you might get lost or hurt yourself.
- You need to have the discipline to set a time and space.
It’s your choice.
We are all so different. We have different bodies, different desires and needs.
So please, decide what feels good. Practicing yoga in a group, alone, or not at all is your own choice.